Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Erika Quotation


We must live, and when this is all over, we must work to make the world a better place.  And if we die, we will die knowing that it was not our fault, that we did our best, and we can go to our deaths in dignity… I want you both to live…And to remember...You must choose love.  Always choose love.”  

(from Daniel’s Story by Carol Matas, page 70)


                 Last year my great grandmother just passed away. She was 99 years old. My dad loved his grandma and he had to go to her funeral in California. Unfortunately my mom and I couldn't go, but my dad loved his grandma and was able to go. My dad was gone for about three to four weeks to California and he probably hadn't seen his brothers, sisters and his parents for over six years or so. The last time my dad met his family member was when my parents and I went to his sisters wedding six years ago.
                 My dad was gone for about four weeks and he was able to bond with his family members. When he was in California he lived with his brother, and till this day my dad talks to his brothers and sisters everyday on the phone. My dad's planning to go to California again this summer for a couple weeks just for vacation and to meet his family members again.

No comments:

Post a Comment